[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Gabe Ginorio gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 17 02:21:12 CDT 2005

Indeed,

>  That is, ontologically, I am considering any case of natural
> selection as evolution, so within that definition, evolution is
> occurring. If you instead define evolution to require new, beneficial
> genetic information, then I do not believe it exists.

Good, I agree. But not just beneficial information, but any new
information. Whether for good for for ill, if it's new, it's evolution.
Plus I don't relegate Natural Selection (an observable process) to the
imaginary realm of Biological Evolution.

> If we are talking *new* genetic information (macroevolution),
> I'd say that is possible, but almost always that means new, bad
> genetic information (e.g. mutations, such as those leading to
> cancer). It isn't good, but it is still new (at least to the person).
> Mutations can occur, but like you, I'm not imagining new arms and
> eyes coming around...

The telomere's on cancer cells don't shorten. That is what makes them so
dangerous. They are immortal. Normal human cells lose a telomere when it
divides. After 90 or so divides, we die. The end. So the day we are
conceived, our day of judgment, the day we face God, is already decided.
Indeed, it is true what the scripture says,

"For it is appointed a man ... to die, and after that to judgment."

I'd say appointed is the right word. We've been sabotaged.

Imagine how the telomere is explained. Look, we've all got egg timers. I
wonder how that conferred a selective advantage?

Either way, mutations are over 90% fatal. The rest are dangerous. And
over 90% are just preexisting genes copied in the wrong place or in the
wrong number.