[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 16 00:49:19 CDT 2005

Indeed,

> I want to see every science book in America acquire
> a little intelligent design and a little respect for
> true scientific inquiry.

I don't think that intelligent design goes far enough, although
it is probably a necessary first step.

> The scientists who religiously and blindly defend
> the theory of Darwinian evolution, declaring it to
> be proved fact, are zealots for a fraud.
>
> Darwinian evolution is neither a proven scientific
> fact nor even a well-formulated postulate.

Yes, sir. It's guesswork verified by postulation and all wrapped
up in a model that's held together by blind faith.

> Every science textbook should be required to state
> clearly that the theory of Darwinian evolution is
> one among many theories, none of which holds any
> legitimate claim to have explained in a purely
> secular context the origins of the species nor the
> means by which differing species or even basic
> complex life forms (bacterium containing mechanical
> sub-systems which cannot exist without the
> instantaneous presence of all of the elements in
> full working order) came into existence.

In terms of secular claims, evolution is the only real one
going. Without it, the scientific community would have to
face the truth. Indeed, there are many Christian scientists
working in many fields that must believe one thing while
saying another, just to keep thieir jobs. But you can be
sure that scientists in the relevant fields of "operational"
science (not "speculative" science) eventually come to the
same conclusion. One day they see something, examine
it and come a logical conclusion, " There is no way this
happened by chance!"

> Integrity in science, were there any such thing on
> this matter, demands such a disclaimer and also
> demands that all legitimate competing theories be
> granted equal time in the classroom.

Well, so far there is only one legitimate, time-tested,
scientifically verified theory: It's called Special Creation.

> Science teachers would be required to attend training
> (sensitivity training) in those areas in which they
> are not yet competent, or sign a waiver that allows
> a person competent in that area to teach that subject
> for them.
>
> How's that for fixing the problem?

Don't like the idea. I think schools should teach science (what
we can see, hear, observe and study) while leaving the
speculation at home. I mean, the time spent studying the
Jurassic, Triassic and the other complicated bull$#|+ could
better be spent studying something sorely lacking and
much more important: History.

Just a thought.