[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 16 00:40:20 CDT 2005

Funny you should ask,

>>Evolution is, in fact, a theory that states that life
>>formed spontaneously from non-life. Louis Pasteur
>>

>Isn't that a separate theory - by the name of spontaneous generation
>or something like that?

"Spontaneous Generation" was a popular theory amongst religious and
non-religious scholars for centuries. Louis Pasteur's experiment with
the covered and uncovered "boiled broth" showed how microscopic life
does not arise on it's own but must instead come from preexisting life
(life comes from life).

Evolution, at it's core is lifeless chemicals randomly assembling
themselves into protolife then life. So "spontaneous generation" at it's
root core. Keep in mind that whatever the first life is speculated by
evolution to have been, if it didn't reproduce, that would have been the
end. So, they speculate reproducing chains of amino acids (protein
sequences) right from the get go ... and this in an environment that
makes their survival impossible. Indeed, Evolution makes people believe
in miracles ... and my faith isn't that great.