[CS-FSLUG] YotoPhoto - Libre & Gratis Images

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:46:44 CDT 2005

For those of us who need images for the church bulletin, newsletter,
etc., you might want to check out YotoPhoto:

http://yotophoto.com/

>From ResearchBuzz.org:

"I'm always wary of search engines for free/public domain images --
I'm always worried you're going to find something useful that's not as
free/GNU FDL/PubDom/Creative Common'd as it's supposed to be. But I
was reading an interview with the owner of Yotophoto, and when he
said, "We have contacted all the sites we index, and all the feedback
has all been very positive." I felt a little better...

Yotophoto ( http://www.yotophoto.com ) has indexed over 100,000 images
that are licensed under Creative Commons, GNU FDL, are public domain,
or various other flavors of free.

I did a search for 28 results. Results show thumbnails of the content,
the site from which the image is indexed, the size, and the license
under which the image is available. In some cases there's also a link
to view the license. Clicking on the thumbnail takes you straight to
the page.

Yotophoto also has an advanced search that allows you to narrow your
search by both size and license. In this case searching for public
domain images of hummingbird gave only three results. "

I figure this fits nicely with the OpenClipart collection.  BTW, the
newest collection now has over 5000 images, and the BZ2 file is 100MB.

Blessings,
Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist