[CS-FSLUG] Nvu

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 21:15:47 CDT 2005

Wonderful,

>I only update content in one website, so I don't have
to do very much
>or anything complex html. Sometimes I do "ground
work" with Nvu and
>then open it with Bluefish trying to "clean" code by
hand. It has been
>fun and I have also learned html-basics :).

When I first started, I made first made the Claw
website, it was
constructed in OpenOffice.org. I knew nothing about
HTML coding ... and
it showed. I learned some HTML coding and made a site
by hand about the
same time I started making websites for other people.
The Lutheran
Church Website was the first. I'd like to apologise
for the poor quality
of the site.

Anywho, once I started creating a church website, I
started looking for
cool websites. I found heal your church website.com
and was directed to
CSS Zengarden. Then I was a man on a mission to use
CSS and HTML with
images to create the wonderful sites that I saw there.
I didn't even
come close.

Well, soon after I found CSS, I discovered a need for
PHP (to
dynamically load content into a template). PHP was
similar to python and
c++, so I caught on very quickly. After learning about
color and good
church website design
(http://www.healyourchurchwebsite.com), I decided
to makes other people's pages. When I was challenged,
I imporved.

However, form HTML to javascript was 3 years. As the
bible says, "It
should not be so, my brothers!"  Getting some proper
instruction and
training (or atleast a mentor) is an absolute
necessity if you want to
get good fast ... or even avoid the mistakes of a
newbie.

Gabe

Yahoo! for Good
Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter