[CS-FSLUG] Quick Review: CentOS 4.1

cyratt at netzero.com cyratt at netzero.com
Sat Sep 10 19:48:06 CDT 2005

Ed,
My personal flavor of Linux is Debian. I have used and tested several (i.e. Mandrake, Red Hat etc.). But Debian has been the smoothest running system on my PC. It has been since the Knoppix version (you know the knx-hdinstall) I ran. I had no difficulty configuring or finding hardware or setting up boot manager. It just for me (on my low-end Hewlett Packard w/ 128 mb ram and 733 mHz Processor) is a very smooth system. Plus I have become an Apt-Get aholic. The easiest installation software I have ever run this side of windows 3.1 (LOL). Apt is a wonderful and painless way to get what you need without the fuss over dependency problems ( and we all know how much fun they are.).
Any way
Mandrake Good
Red Hat Good
Suse (yet to test for myself)
Ubuntu (Good)
Straight Debian (Net install) Best (for my PC)
Thanx
Nathan