[CS-FSLUG] [Fwd: [iccm-tech] URGENT: help/ideas for *effective* resource/needs matching]

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Sep 5 16:18:43 CDT 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Tim Young wrote:

> Sorry for the cross-posting.  Here is another way to help the folks
> in Mississippi...

I'll accept your cross-post and raise you a comment or two. :-)

The tiny congregation I serve set aside what we could spare for a
church in Mississippi. The only church to which we had a connection and
could quickly get hold of was one pastored by a member's relative. We
sent cash because certain agencies are blocking aid-in-kind from
getting through. They are unaccountable, and pretend to hold a monopoly
on such decisions.

I believe an independent central clearing house on info is an excellent
idea, as opposed to something from the Red Cross or the government (see
the rantings on my blog for details). Most Christian denominations of
any size have their own relief centers, but far too many are
overlooked.

Thanks for the post.

--
Ed Hurst