[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Sep 5 10:45:49 CDT 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 15:12, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
[snip]
> > No, IIRC it doesn't. Official Roman Catholic doctrine is that a
> > person cannot be self-baptized, and if this person comes to faith
> > _in articulo mortis_ (in grave risk of death) and it is utterly
> > alone, the person is saved by a mere act of faith. Thus, baptism is
> > not absolutely necessary for salvation in the Roman Catholic
> > Church.
> >
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Eduardo
> > (posting from office, sorry for lack of signatures and the like)
> >

> Eduardo,
>
> I wasn't referring to the baptism part but rather the "nor communion
> are necessary for salvation nor the  continued remission of sins."
> part.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

My fault. Sorry! I think in that case you're mostly correct. However,
anyway, if you think of a given person that in his whole life lived
100% without personal human contact, then the RC Church would accept
that person as a Catholic if that person expresses desire to do so.
Extremely unlikely, but possible.

Of course, the moment this person comes into contact with *any* other
person he must ask the other person, regardless of religion, to perform
baptism on him, and there he goes onward.

Blessings,

Eduardo