[CS-FSLUG] Re: Changed the sub. to Thunderbird.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 6 15:12:15 CDT 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 2:36 am, Chris Brault wrote:
> I was trying to respond to another thread,
>
> > I am not sure of the purpose of your post. If it was meant as a
> > request for me to take note of and reply specifically to Nigel's
> > question, please know that I was preparing a response when Tim's
> > message showed up on the list asking us all to leave the issues alone
> > for awhile.
>
> But when I saw the e-mail I had opened was the wrong one I attempted to
> select the contact button in Thunderbird so I could simply reply to
> another thread using the already open window. However, I accidently hit
> the "send" button which is right next to the "contact" button. It was my
> mistake.

[snip]

I think I mentioned awhile ago, that I was going to put Thunderbird "through
it's paces" to see if it indeed was any better than a yr. or so ago. I'm
interested to know what other's experience has been.

I have at least 300 emails a day come in - many that I don't read - scan the
subs. What I found was/is that Thunderbird DOES have better filtering as you
can filter on content and can't with KMail, but it's VERY slow in sending
mail and processing mail compared to KMail.

After comparing both "side by side," I removed Thunderbird.

Fred

to you, at this time.