[CS-FSLUG] TD: Apocrypha

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Thu Nov 10 23:35:48 CST 2005

Some of us in the protestant camp consider them as more than merely information. If you carefully read 1 & 2 Maccabees, you will realize that those events paved the way for a ceremony that Jesus would be attending during his time upon Earth. Likewise, the book Ecclessiasticus is quite interesting and is similiar in nature to Ecclessiates. The authorship of these particular books that I have mentioned I do not know. However, I tend to think of them as something that should have been included in scripture. The rest of the Apocrypha is interesting, but since parts of it are genuinely fiction, they are not as authorative in my opinion. Still, they are something that is worth reading.

That is just my opinion. I have both types of Bibles on my shelf. One with the Apocrypha (Confraternity Version). I also have several without (typical versions, KJV, NIV, and a few others).

Pax,
Christopher Rose