[CS-FSLUG] NI: Paris Burning -- How Empires End

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:34:38 CST 2005

Although the first article is junk, ignorant of what is beyong facts
here and voluntarily provocative, I think the second text holds
interesting facts.

Just so we don't forget to mention some facts :

The first text says although there is racism in the US black people
are integrated (they listen to the same music, etc.). Well just so you
know, French people (even the ones with no arabic ancestors and not
Muslims) listen to arabic music and laugh at arabic comic guys, just
as arabs in France listen to french music (and american, too) and
laugh at french jokes. The fact that Americans ignore about everything
of the arabic culture doesn't make it the same way in our country. We
do share the same culture with these people, because just as the
afro-american culture got progressively part of the whole american
culture (your music is more of a black one than of a white one) the
french culture is full of references to the arabic one (so much that
very often we forgot that some of our food is not french but arabic).

Let us prevent ourselves from using too many clichés, that'll make
communication between people easier ;)

Raphaël