[CS-FSLUG] KJV Bible - Crown Copyright in UK

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:37:39 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> How about using the translated-to-be-free (as in Grace)
> NET Bible.
>
> A more modern translation from superior and more complete
> resources including over 60,000 translators notes so one
> may see what the alternatives were and the reasoning for
> the translation chosen.
>
> It is time to move away from the commercialization of
> the Word of God.

Speaking of the NET Bible, in case you're unaware version 1.0 was
released sometime in the last week or two.  They have a up on their
page regarding their copyright policy which makes for some interesting
reading - http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=3393, although their
actual policy seems somewhat less permissive.  I'd like it if they
were to release this translation as a SWORD module, but unfortunately
they have no such module available, and if such a module were created
it seems that their download policy requires that all downloads come
from their site so it couldn't be easily distributed with groups of
other such modules.

David