[CS-FSLUG] Philosophical Debate

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:32:07 CST 2005

<snip>
> I do believe that people need to be
> responsible enough to take control of their computers.  I do some
> basic maintenance on my car.

This is exactly what I keep telling people.

More and more people are just falling under the sick bloated gluttony that
is consumerism. This flows straight into the use of computers too. People
expect to just press a shiny button and everything works and people believe
that this is their right ! It is fantastic that we have got to the
usability of OSes as
we have but it really really ticks me off when people don't have an
"operating" attitude
to technology. There is little respect or even willing acknowledgment of the
people and work that have developed this technology.

Gripe...

'Mash ;)