[CS-FSLUG] Re: Message tagging (Was "IBM Cell door to slam open")

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:27:12 CDT 2005

That's a rather vague title, with no supporting commentary to clarify
exactly what it refers to.

Are we ever going to implement some sort of subject tag to indicate
this sort of thing?

Lately I've been toying with the idea of simply redirecting mail from
certain senders straight to my trash in the absence of some subject
tag to filter on.  I figure I might miss out on the occasional posting
from them that I might find worth reading, but it would save me from
having to go through sorting and deleting those messages all the time.

Alternatively, is it possible to setup a separate mailing list
(csfslug-news) or something for these sorts of postings (as I realize
that some people may appreciate receiving them).

I, for one, see more than enough news each day, and the majority (if
not the entirety) of these news blurbs could be seen just by
redirecting those individuals to some reasonable news site.

David