[CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Vs Unix: Its a tie for the firsttime

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Mon May 30 13:12:18 CDT 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:48:40 -0500
"Stephen J. McCracken" <smccrack at hcjb.org.ec> wrote:

> Christopher Rose wrote:

<SNIP>

> On a quick scan of the article I found it hard to do real comparisons.
> There is a mix of "revenue growth" numbers and "unit growth" numbers
> there with a mix of Windows, Unix, and Linux.  With MS servers probably
> being more expensive, equal revenue growth doesn't mean equal unit growth.
>
> sjm

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have that difficulty.  Frankly, I
expected an article that boasted Windows' matching UNIX to get more in depth
about how it was doing so.  For all the attention given to Linux' growth,
the article could just as easily have been titled, "Linux Enterprise Usage
Surges".  I just thought the writer should have focused more on the
Windows/UNIX comparison, and how that fleshed out.

DCP
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/