[CS-FSLUG] Macs replace university's Linux desktops

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sat May 28 18:53:56 CDT 2005

Just to clarify, because I forgot to complete my line of thought.

Tm, you should return to GNU/Linux, because there has been MUCH progress
in this time. KDE is no longer what it was in the 3.1 days; Slackware
is rock-solid, it's fast and snappy on my 5 yr. old cheapo notebook,
and recognizes pretty much anything I throw at it ---and this is
supposedly a tinkerer's system. I'd think that while some things
definitely cannot reach the breadth and quality of OS X, it has come a
long way, it is a perfectly good system, and pretty usable. This, and
the fact that I can use it in freedom, means a lot to me. To return to
a proprietary solution is something sincerely not worth it today.

Blessings,

Eduardo