[CS-FSLUG] Membership database

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:26:47 CDT 2005

On 5/26/05, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> At 06:23 PM 5/26/05, Don Parris wrote:
>
> >On 5/26/05, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > > I'm looking for OpenSource web-based solutions for membership management.
> > >
> > > InfoCentral became abandonware shortly after we started using it.  The
> > > original developers had differing opinions on how to proceed, so two new
> > > projects were created to fill the void.  I just found out the project with
> > > visions I favoured has folded over the winter.
> >
> >Is ChurchInfo one of the projects you're referring to?
>

> No, but it sounds interesting - thanks for the tip.  It appears to be a
> fork of InfoCentral, as does OpenSourceChurch.  I should have checked
> SourceForge before posting.
>
> GroupOrg was going to be a rewrite - it folded.
> InfoCentral Java - not sure of current status.
>
> Frank

You should check the Freely Project forums about ChurchInfo - I
believe they allow using barcodes to track attendance.  I wrote a
little bit about this and OSChurch in PitP 2.0.  I don't think I'm
familiar with too many other spin-offs.  I attempted to contact one or
two others, but never got responses (or I didn't see where the new
projects were viable).

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist