[CS-FSLUG] Road Kit

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Fri May 20 10:51:55 CDT 2005

For me, I have found that a self-powered USB drive was best.  I am not sure if
that will be the case for you.  Most likely you will find that cheaper is
better at this juncture.  But there is an awesome deal at best-buy for a Segate
usb2.0 100GB 2.5 inch HD for $200.  It is hard to find a 100GB laptop HD for
that price, much less one that has an external enclosure.

Now, what I did with mine, was to use the 100GB HD and upgrade the one in my
laptop.  I took the old 30GB laptop HD and put it in the USB enclosure.  But I
usually find that most of my tools I use based off my laptop...  For what you
are doing, you will probably need to use the USB drive as an archive to plug
into the computers you are working on...

    - Tim