[CS-FSLUG] Interesting Challenge for Christian Hackers

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Wed May 18 23:43:20 CDT 2005

I've got a challenge for y'all.  I'm not much of a hacker, but I know others
are very good.  Find a way to explain the gospel by way of writing a
"program".  I'm thinking something along the lines of...
	function create_world()
	d = 6 (i=0, i<=6)
	for each d =1

Well, you probably get the idea.  You don't necessarily have to start all
the way at The Beginning - this is just an example.  Don't bother correcting
my syntax or even guessing what language it is, though it's surely derived
from my limited experience with C++/PHP/etc.  Probably the toughest question
is how will you present the entrance of sin into the world?  Would this be a
bug that Satan has exploited?

Anyway, once we have the resulting gospel source, we might be able to use it
as an evangelistic tool.  You can work together or maybe make it a
competition.  Obviously, we would release it under a free license. ;)  And
feel free to spread the word as well.  If it sounds like a looney idea, so
be it.  Otherwise, I look forward to a response from any takers.

Someone might even come up with a simple piece of code that people could use
in a sig line.  Just a thought.  Take it or leave it.  It's all in the
spirit of Christ and fun.

blessings,
Don
--