[CS-FSLUG] The new iMac G5. Now shipping with Tiger.

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Tue May 17 11:44:17 CDT 2005

Nathan T. wrote:
> On 5/15/05, Chris Brault <groundhog3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Eye candy is nice, but its all secondary to good working software.
[snip]
> structure, sacrifices must be made when necessary and eye candy is no
> excuse for software bugs.

While we might want to believe this is true, the market seems to say
otherwise.  Marketing and market forces can be very persuasive and
override technical excellence.  Just look at history between VHS/Beta
and Windows/OS2 for examples.  Having a better product doesn't always
win over someone who is blinding by the marketing hype.  Another example
would be Christianity vs. the World.  Many people are blinded by the
lies of Satan to see the superior way of following Christ.

sjm