[CS-FSLUG] The new iMac G5. Now shipping with Tiger.

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue May 17 00:29:53 CDT 2005

On 5/15/05, Chris Brault <groundhog3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Of course,
>
> > I can handle having two desktop environment around,
> but
> > if there is only one I want it to be exclusively
> KDE.
>
> KDE is so busy perfecting it's code, that some
> developers are getting frustrated at the lack of
> forward movement on features, eye-candy and the like.
> They seem to have a little OSx envy.

Eye candy is nice, but its all secondary to good working software.
Apple has lots of employees to make sure that OS X not only looks nice
but also works as it should. OSS doesn't have the luxury of having a
lot of employees working closely together with a solid leadership
structure, sacrifices must be made when necessary and eye candy is no
excuse for software bugs.