[CS-FSLUG] Laptop thoughts

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon May 16 12:20:43 CDT 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Stephen J. McCracken wrote:

> James Thompson wrote:
> > Don't buy PCs...buy a Mac....BSD with a great GUI...you could even run
> > yellowdog if you want to go Linux, but why?
>
> This is going to be a combination work/personal laptop so I will need to
> have WinXP on it.  I want to make it a dual-boot (multi-boot?) machine
> with other OSs, as well.
>
> sjm

The other reason I can think of is price. It's not a question of
whether it's worth it, but what you have to spend. In my case, I have
less than $100 right now. Doesn't matter how fine a machine may be, if
I can't afford it, I won't get one.

Just so happens someone gave me a Compaq Presario 1200 (XL526) --
something I'd never buy, but free is hard to beat. It's running SuSE
8.2 right now.

Ed Hurst