[CS-FSLUG] OT: Lawmaker Hopes to Open Churches to Political Speech

James Thompson jwthompson2 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:31:11 CDT 2005

What you're showing isn't Fundamentalist mentality but Pre-millenial
Dispensationalist mentality...or the slightly more deragatory 'Left
Behind Theology'....my theology is fundamentalist in general terms and
in-line with much of the Fundamentalist movement until people start
talking about eschatology or politics because I'm an amillenialist and
slightly more moderate in my political views, although even moderate
makes my actual views sound far too simple and liberal considering how
nuanced they actually are...

Churches should engage in the political discourse, but only in broad
terms dealing with issues and policies that have direct implications
from biblical teaching and a churches particular theology. Churches
should never cross that line into endorsing individuals or specific
parties because that introduces unneccessary risks to the church's
reputation, especially considering the risks to a church's reputation
that already exist...

-James