[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:53:34 CDT 2005

>Word to that, I think.  Are you saying that it would be alright for a
>person to be homosexual if he were "born gay"?  Or not?  I'm not sure of
>the thrust of this paragraph.

What I am saying is that I believe in the genetics of homosexuality
in till proven otherwise, and that being so called "born gay" is not a sin,
but concerning Gods word the act of homosexual intercourse or similar
sexual acts are. I know it sounds contradictory to say that but,
genetically you may be born with the attraction to the same sex.
You are one gender physically by maybe not 100% that gender hormonally,
chromosomally etc.

This is where I get stuck between whether being gay is a sin or not.
If it is a genetic trait you have been given then by merely "being" you cannot
be sinning. If the act of homosexuality is a sin, then by "being"
is not so much a sin but that of living in constant temptation.
This is a hard one, as I could not imagine having to fight my own physical
predisposition because it is a sin before God to give into it.

We have very little knowledge about homosexuality that I know of,
and I think that is because of the social implications that research could
create. I believe in the word of God concerning the act of homosexuality,
and that it is fornication and not Godly. But I refuse to judge someone because
of their "homosexuality."

BUT…

Is being gay attributed to the act of homosexuality or the
inward desire for homosexual activity?

That is the question isn't it...

Is by being homosexual because of your genetic make up and having the
disposition towards the same sex, which gives you homosexual mental
desire, make you a sinner?

If the act of homosexuality is a sin, then is not entertaining those
acts in your mind a sin too?

Do you then have to fight the mind, fight the body because it is not
a reflection of the soul. You are not your flesh, and your flesh has
sinned against God in contruction within the womb.
By "being" you will have to fight your flesh each day of your
life because of "genetic sin"

Maybe that is then the answer then, "genetic sin."

We already know we are born into sin, is this not then a
dramatic physical manifestation of that very truth ?

------

All we can do is study His word, wait and pray.
And in whatever you do, and what ever you entertain in your mind,
choose to do for the glory, honour and majesty of God.
Selah

(What is "Selah," if you read Psalms your bible may display "Selah" after
each Psalm. From what I know it means "pause" or "a musical interlude."
David is have thought to use this throughout the Psalms.

I like to use it when I give praise to God. To me it is a sign to myself and to
others to pause, and reflect.

'mash