[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Thu May 12 10:21:06 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 11:44:25AM +0100, 'Mash wrote:
> I am a God fearing man, and much of my younger "less fearing" life
> was spent in nightclubs and bars. My early pursuit of life as a
> DJ has given me much experience and has showed me
> how a huge part of secular life is driven by loneliness and sex.
>
> I have spent a considerable amount of time among the Gay community
> and even though I am well versed in what God says about homosexuality
> I still have trouble believing that being "born homosexual" is not possible.

I have the same curiousities you have.  However, being born gay would
not make homosexual activity less sinful for a person.  After all, we
are all born selfish and prideful, but these things are sins.  It's hard
to accept, but I think we just have to recognize that in this world we
aren't given a fair shake.

> I know biblically God talks of the immorality of sleeping with the
> same sex, whether this means that being homosexual from birth
> genetically and committing
> homosexual intercourse are different things, one being temptation and
> the other sin.
> What I do know is that we as Christians have to be very careful in
> labelling the fantastically fascinating and wonderful world of human
> genetics, which we know
> very little about into being something sinful and a mistake, which we
> both know God does not make! Remember we are serving a God who allows
> a child to be born breach
> and die, something we can not even fathom the reasoning and mercy behind.

Word to that, I think.  Are you saying that it would be alright for a
person to be homosexual if he were "born gay"?  Or not?  I'm not sure of
the thrust of this paragraph.

> I hope that we all stop trying to push doctrine onto a people who really
> do not know much about themselves let alone how much the rest of us know
> about them, and start showing the unconditional love and humility of
> Jesus Christ.

Amen to that!  I think Christiany would make alot more heaqdway into the
gay community if we'd be willing to let people repent of their sins in
their own time.  We serve a living God, and He's perfectly capable of
setting His own terms.

> To God be the glory in all things even those that challenge us
> and defy explanation. Selah

What does Selah mean?

Aaron Lehmann