[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu May 12 08:18:02 CDT 2005

On Thursday 12 May 2005 6:44 am, 'Mash wrote:
> I am a God fearing man, and much of my younger "less fearing" life
> was spent in nightclubs and bars. My early pursuit of life as a
> DJ has given me much experience and has showed me
> how a huge part of secular life is driven by loneliness and sex.
>
> I have spent a considerable amount of time among the Gay community
> and even though I am well versed in what God says about homosexuality
> I still have trouble believing that being "born homosexual" is not
> possible.

I defer to the experts, and they have repeatedly proven that you "are made,"
that is a choice to be homo. NOT born that way.

> I do believe that homosexuality can ALSO be chosen as life style.
> Growing up in London (England) which is fraught with
> bisexuality and "free love" pushes you constantly into evaluating
> your own morals and sexual desires. Due to my environment I had
> my own physical worthiness affirmed by other men. I was
> constantly bombarded with affection from men and thus my lifestyle
> started to change. I spent a year wondering whether I was
> homosexual due to the emotions I was feeling and even the sexual
> thoughts and desires I began to have. I began questioning whether
> I am missing out on who I really was and what I thought would be an
> honest and fulfilling lifestyle.
>
> I thank God that he revealed to me that it was not who I was and
> that my state of being was governed by my surroundings and what
> I could see being shared. How the love that was being shown was
> very much a selfish self-gratifying love and of the world.

'VERY glad to have seen that!! The life of alcohol and drugs go hand in hand
with that community.

> I thank God that he held me during that time and that my future wife
> will not have to suffer due to choices I might have made earlier in my
> life. The temptation was there, but so was the Holy Spirit.
> God had a hand on my life and gave me guidance through that difficult time.

Sure did!

> I could go on forever on this subject but in brief, I believe there is
> a huge percentage of people who do choose bisexuality, homosexuality
> because their is a desire in all of us for physical pleasure and
> sexual affirmation. Whether this is from the same sex or opposite sex.
> Sex is exciting, pleasurable and something, which plays a massive part
> in our lives. Where we as Christians have a faith and are obedient in
> believing in the union of man and women in marriage and our truly blessed
> because of that obedience, the rest of the world says that union can be
> whenever and with whoever for the gratification NOW and thus falls short of
> the glory of God.

It sure does!!

> Where I have my doubts, is that we can accept that a child can be born
> with genetic change, i.e. a preference to some food and allergy to others,
> as Christians we cannot believe that a human child can be born with
> genetic disposition to the same sex.
>
> I ask why not?

If God were to allow that, there WOULD be provision in Scripture to it, but
there isn't......period. Second, ALL scientific info. proves there's NO
genetic cause.

> (I am careful in saying that I am not grouping homosexuality with
> negative genetic occurrence, I do not have the scientific evidence or
> knowledge to make such a brash and potentially harmful statement.)

Good thing. ;)

> I know biblically God talks of the immorality of sleeping with the
> same sex, whether this means that being homosexual from birth
> genetically and committing
> homosexual intercourse are different things, one being temptation and
> the other sin.
> What I do know is that we as Christians have to be very careful in
> labelling the fantastically fascinating and wonderful world of human
> genetics, which we know
> very little about into being something sinful and a mistake, which we
> both know God does not make! Remember we are serving a God who allows
> a child to be born breach
> and die, something we can not even fathom the reasoning and mercy behind.

That is true, and we won't till we leave this life.

> (Read Gods final speech to Job!)
>
> I hope that we all stop trying to push doctrine onto a people who really
> do not know much about themselves let alone how much the rest of us know
> about them, and start showing the unconditional love and humility of
> Jesus Christ.

Unconditional ONLY when we don't accept the sin of that lifestyle. Christ
DIDN'T command us to do so.

> To God be the glory in all things even those that challenge us
> and defy explanation. Selah

Agreed.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."