[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Thu May 12 05:44:25 CDT 2005

I am a God fearing man, and much of my younger "less fearing" life
was spent in nightclubs and bars. My early pursuit of life as a
DJ has given me much experience and has showed me
how a huge part of secular life is driven by loneliness and sex.

I have spent a considerable amount of time among the Gay community
and even though I am well versed in what God says about homosexuality
I still have trouble believing that being "born homosexual" is not possible.

I do believe that homosexuality can ALSO be chosen as life style.
Growing up in London (England) which is fraught with
bisexuality and "free love" pushes you constantly into evaluating
your own morals and sexual desires. Due to my environment I had
my own physical worthiness affirmed by other men. I was
constantly bombarded with affection from men and thus my lifestyle
started to change. I spent a year wondering whether I was
homosexual due to the emotions I was feeling and even the sexual
thoughts and desires I began to have. I began questioning whether
I am missing out on who I really was and what I thought would be an
honest and fulfilling lifestyle.

I thank God that he revealed to me that it was not who I was and
that my state of being was governed by my surroundings and what
I could see being shared. How the love that was being shown was
very much a selfish self-gratifying love and of the world.

I thank God that he held me during that time and that my future wife
will not have to suffer due to choices I might have made earlier in my life.
The temptation was there, but so was the Holy Spirit.
God had a hand on my life and gave me guidance through that difficult time.

I could go on forever on this subject but in brief, I believe there is
a huge percentage of people who do choose bisexuality, homosexuality
because their is a desire in all of us for physical pleasure and
sexual affirmation. Whether this is from the same sex or opposite sex.
Sex is exciting, pleasurable and something, which plays a massive part
in our lives. Where we as Christians have a faith and are obedient in believing
in the union of man and women in marriage and our truly blessed because of
that obedience, the rest of the world says that union can be whenever
and with whoever for the gratification NOW and thus falls short of the
glory of God.

Where I have my doubts, is that we can accept that a child can be born
with genetic change, i.e. a preference to some food and allergy to others,
as Christians we cannot believe that a human child can be born with
genetic disposition to the same sex.

I ask why not?

(I am careful in saying that I am not grouping homosexuality with
negative genetic occurrence, I do not have the scientific evidence or
knowledge to make such a brash and potentially harmful statement.)

I know biblically God talks of the immorality of sleeping with the
same sex, whether this means that being homosexual from birth
genetically and committing
homosexual intercourse are different things, one being temptation and
the other sin.
What I do know is that we as Christians have to be very careful in
labelling the fantastically fascinating and wonderful world of human
genetics, which we know
very little about into being something sinful and a mistake, which we
both know God does not make! Remember we are serving a God who allows
a child to be born breach
and die, something we can not even fathom the reasoning and mercy behind.

(Read Gods final speech to Job!)

I hope that we all stop trying to push doctrine onto a people who really
do not know much about themselves let alone how much the rest of us know
about them, and start showing the unconditional love and humility of
Jesus Christ.

To God be the glory in all things even those that challenge us
and defy explanation. Selah

Thanks

'mash