[CS-FSLUG] New Sony DVD Burner - Permissions Question

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sun May 8 14:18:37 CDT 2005

Don Parris wrote:
> On 5/8/05, Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> wrote:

<snip>

> <SNIP>
>

>>Try using kantonix (live cd based on knoppix) -- it has  kernel 2.6.11.
>>It [Kantonix] is highly spoken of and should show you how your new
>>burner will work with the latest kernel.
>>
>>Blessings,
>>
>>Nigel
>>
>>--
>

> What I was trying to say is that I replaced my CD burner with a DVD
> burner.  The CD burner  & K3B (0.11.15cvs) worked with all users.  Of
> course, I chose to install K3B when I installed SUSE 9.2.  The problem
> is that, now that I have changed burners, K3B only recognizes the new
> burner when I am logged in as root.  This means that, I need to give
> the other users the correct permissions.  Since Fred dropped me a line
> with his approach, I'll try it and see if it works.  If it doesn't,
> I'll come back with more questions.
>
> Blessings,
> Don

What I meant is that using a live cd [with the latest and greatest]
would give you a 'clean slate' with which to work from. If it does work
[as a normal user] then you know that it is your setup that needs
adjusting (you could even copy settings from the live cd's .conf files).

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com