[CS-FSLUG] ANOTHER reason I WON'T support MickySoft!

Bradly J. McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Sun May 8 08:09:51 CDT 2005

Comments included in line.

國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar) wrote:

>That was uncalled for, Brad.  U could choose to ignore my posts, or if
>they are too obnoxious,  U could petition to have me banned.
>This post of yours is a worse form of personal attack than mine, that
>is, if my post qualifies as a personal attack at all.

Well obviously my tone came off wrong then.  It was not an attempt to
insult you or to attack you.  I just think a remark alluding to
someone's sexual preference whether it is wrong or right does not belong
here.

>Your last sentence on script kiddies doesn't tell us much about me, but
>it does reveal a lot about what's on your mind.  I hate to say this, but
>this group is not hovering way above the rest of the LUGs out there, and
>having U on it doesn't automatically make it "special".  Anyway, my
>system is here for your taking if U would like to give it a try - If
>hacking is your interest.

Cracking is not my interest- hacking in itself is not a bad term.  It is
the media misconception of a few bad apples that has given computer
hobbiest a bad name.  I was merely presenting a snapshot of what the
traffic looks like when reading google groups, or some local LUG
subscriptions- look at all the postings that talk about libdvdcss -
while their is a justifiable need (fair use) there are people there who
are actively trying to find better ways to crack the encryption and
remove the controls put into place to prevent piracy. While me may not
be "hovering way above the rest of the LUGs" I do think that we should
hold ourselves to higher standards of ethics.

>I could spend all my time engaging in arguments over everything that I
>dislike or falls short of my "standards", or I could choose to do
>something that would benefit everyone.  My choice is clear.

Yes, we can ignore the posts we don't like, or we can comment about them
and maybe open someones eyes to the fact that their opinion is not the
only one that exists.  I think the open conversation serves as a benefit
more than simply ignoring the post.

Brad