[CS-FSLUG] The new iMac G5. Now shipping with Tiger.

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat May 7 17:02:55 CDT 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iMac

	Thanks, Fred. :-) That's a nice upgrade they did to it. I wish it had
come out a few months ago before I arranged for my mother to get an
iMac.

	As I side note, I did my first Tiger install last night and, to quote
the McDonald's ad, "I'm lov'n it." Spotlight is amazing -- Microsoft is
going to have to work mighty hard to get Longhorn to be a worthy
competitor. Especially now that the Mac mini makes *nix power and Mac
ease of use reachable to the average budget conscious consumer.

	Seeing the Mac interface makes me wish the KDE and GNOME people could
come together and work on
one GUI someday. Aqua shows what can happen when you put enough bright
minds on GUI design...

	I'm looking forward to seeing how Tiger's 64-bit extensions improve
the speed on my G5, but I'm waiting to take it into the shop first. I
think it got zapped in a recent electrical storm -- it has been
freezing every few days since the same time my kitchen radio lost the
ability to adjust volume right after a storm. A fresh install didn't
help, so I'm guessing the storm damaged the hardware. *sigh*

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats