[CS-FSLUG] Blog: Forgot Linux?

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:47:45 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:41:25 -0800 (PST), Chris Brault
<groundhog3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This I should mention,
>
> >I have no idea about Windows, but you are incorrect
> > about Mac OS X. A
> > Mac OS X-based system comes with Apple DVD Player,
> > which will play movie DVD's without any effort.
>
> The DVD software is part of a bundle. It was added as
> an update to the last version and comes with the
> latest. In otherwords, 9 out of 10 OSX installs
> doesn't have any DVD software out of the Box.

I was going to make a comment something like Tim's, but when I tried
to find supporting material on the Apple webiste, the DVD player was
classified under Mac OS X, but it was noted that this was only  for
Apple-supplied DVD players (does Apple even sell anything anymore not
capable of reading DVDs though?)

My iBook came with the DVD player setup and ready for use.

David