[CS-FSLUG] Blog: Forgot Linux?

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 23:13:00 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:07:43 -0500, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > realization: I wanted to have good multimedia support as well as good
> > encrypted DVD playback support installed straight out of the box, but
> > no distribution that I know of offers that.

I thought that Turbolinux offering something like that...

> houses that create this problem.  A young co-worker is using SUSE
> Linux 9.2 to watch t.v. - and it does better than his Windows software
> did.  He only boots Windows to play multi-user games.

I'll second that.  I've been running tvtime in fedora for a while when
I watch TV, and it's less buggy (the windows software would crash
every once in a while, and wouldn't work again until you rebooted).
Additionally, the deinterlacers that it uses seem to do a nice job of
cleaning the picture up.

David