[CS-FSLUG] CD ripping speeds

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Mar 25 15:59:02 CST 2005

I have been playing with, er, *working* with an old Pentium 200MHz
computer with 64MB RAM.  I installed some ripping software (abcde - no,
really...that is what it is called) and ripped some CD's.  The CDROM is
only 16X but it rips at two or three times the speed of my 32X CDROM on
my much more powerful dual-processor main computer.  I use the same
ripping software and the *identical* settings (I copied the config
file).  Any ideas why a slower CDROM is ripping much faster than a
"faster" CDROM?
--
john-thomas
------