[CS-FSLUG] Cd-rw recovery tools for linux??

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Fri Mar 25 13:21:13 CST 2005

I have heard that if you have just done a fast-format it erases the table of
contents (TOC) and you can rebuild that with cdrecord, using the -fix option.

I have never done this.  If you have a spare and unimportant cdrw hanging
aorund, drop a junk file on it, do a quick erase, and try the cdrecord with
-fix.  A cdrw will not give you many chances to get it right.  :)  There are
tools (not sure how many linux, free ones) out there, so long as you did the
quick format.

    - Tim