[CS-FSLUG] Yesterday's FOSS Presentation

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:08:04 CST 2005

Yesterday I presented FOSS to the United Baptist Association, a group
of local Baptist churches who collaborate on various projects.  I was
rather over their heads, of course - hard not to be when introducing a
totally new concept (for them).  At least one of the pastors
understood some of what I was talking about - his brother has tinkered
with GNU/Linux a bit.

The real benefit may be that I will get some contacts from the
churches, thus enabling me to touch base with the folks who *will*
have some idea of what I said.  I only had about 10 minutes, so didn't
get to offer the kind of presentation I wanted.  Even so, I believe I
generated some genuine interest.  The guy who knew what I was talking
about supported my presentation, and assured the others of the
legitmacy of the FOSS concept.

It was really good to be able to get a little feedback from them, and
to have a real opportunity to present something, even if on a most
basic level.

Blessings,
Don
--