THREAD ALMOST CLOSED (was Re: [PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional)

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:21:38 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:57:08 -0500, Aaron Lehmann
<lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Hoozah!  Methinks I talk too much...  I've been wondering for a while
> now whether it would hypocritcical of me to start pruning this thread
> in my e-mail client.
>
> That being said, for the most part this was a worthwhile discussion for
> me, as it gave me cause for pause on many things.
>
> Aaron Lehmann

I just read an article in a recent Leadership Journal about a Chicago
church that made a big deal out of it's former homosexual speaker on
one occasion.  Info from press reports were included in the article,
along with info from the pastor's blog.  The church took the approach
to emphasize why the Biblical view of marriage is right - rather than
worrying about the condemnation aspect.  It went over with little
trouble.

I did not want to read it, but this thread inspired me, even though I
didn't even follow it closely.  I learned something about the positive
message that Calvary Memorial presented, and its impact on the local
community.  That was refreshing.  You may be able to find the article
on their website (part of Christianity Today.com).

Blessings,
Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist