[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 20 20:42:39 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 07:56:06PM -0600, Timothy R. Butler wrote:

> >All I need to know on the subject is what God says about it.  I don't
> >care
> >what evidence you do or do not have.  This is not about evidence.
> >
> >Deut 30:15-20 is still true.  But I suppose it is your choice to play
> >around
> >with the Word of God.  But I just don't get it...
>
> 	While I don't agree with Aaron that there isn't any evidence, I
> 	would argue that the Deuteronomy passage certainly does not provide a
> reason for our *civil*government* to have a specific policy. It is only for
> those in the Mosaic covenant, arguably. Now, of course, Paul provides
> arguments on this subject too, so New Covenant members are also
> restricted, but none of this applies to a non-believer.
>
> 	This is a difference between the realm of nature and the realm of
> Grace. For the church's purposes, we are better off if we don't insist
> on those outside of the realm of Grace to follow the respective
> covenant.

I was perhaps a little too strong in saying there was no evidence.
There is no evidence that I *know of*, in the form of studies,
statistics, et cetera indicating that homosexuality i harmful to
society.  I've listened to Christian radio, and read Christian
presentations of why they feel homosexual marriage is a bad idea, but
they never talk about anything but the Bible.  If you can refer me to
something more scientific, I would be very interested in seeing it.

Aaron Lehmann