[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Mar 20 18:13:40 CST 2005

I sort of agree with both sides. I personally do not support homosexual
marriage, but it is probably true that the overturned law is
unconstitutional. A state needs to amend its constitution (as we in
Missouri paved the way for doing) if it wishes to codify marriage.

Marriage, by the eons old definition is a union between the two sexes.
If homosexuals wish to have some sort of union, I think the preferable
solution is to give it a different name. I don't care if they get into
such a union, but I want to insure that I'm not forced to pay health
benefits, etc., to someone in such a union against my conscience.

That is, if it is defined as real marriage, I'm worried it will lead to
other requirements on those who view it as a corruption of marriage.
That said, I firmly believe homosexual activity is no worse than any
other sin, so this isn't any worse than the dozens of things
hetrosexuals do to damage marriage too. As a whole, we might accomplish
more by focusing on eliminating no-fault divorce.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |