[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 20 18:10:54 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 06:05:18PM -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Sun March 20 2005 5:22 pm, Brian Derr wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:45 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > > Well, we've all sinned, but this guy made sure everyone knows he did, and
> > > proud of it!
> > >
> > > Fred
> > >
> > > http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2188
> >
> > I've got to say that I agree with the judge.  Since when is it alright
> > to force your views and make them law?  Please do not misunderstand me
> > here: I am not advocating homosexuality, but rather advocating
> > individual freedom.  We are given freedom by one person, Jesus Christ.
> > Who are we to take it away from someone?
>
> [snip]
>
> The judge is off in "la la land," IMHO. Approving of queer marriage is
> condoning it..........nuff said.

That's the point, Fred.  The government hasn't any reason, nor any
grounds to be condemning it.  We do not live in a theocracy, and there
isn't any evidence indicating that homosexual marriage is in any way
detrimental to society.  I realize that the Bible is quite clear about
homosexuality being a curse upon unbelievers, but our government is not
based on upon Christianity, or any other religion.

Aaron Lehmann