[CS-FSLUG] Re: Firefox sound problem...It was aRts!

timbrown at ichristian.com timbrown at ichristian.com
Tue Mar 8 16:16:50 CST 2005

Hi David:

Well, don't be in a rush to do all that; not long after I was celebrating
and sent all the balloons in the air the new account started messing up.
Maybe try Alvin's idea of renaming "/.kde" to "/.kde.old"? I might try that
later. Right now I'm kind of burnt out over the whole mess. So, I'm in
Gnome. Nice quiet gnome.

Tim

David M writes:

> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 5:24 pm, timbrown at ichristian.com wrote:
>> David:
>>
>> Try creating a new user. Alvin suggested it to me and I did it -- the new
>> account seems to have fixed the sound problem. I'll let you know if it
>> solves the screen saver problem...
> It works, but there are a couple drawbacks. If I create a new user, I have to
> go through all the Fedora updates again, roughly about 150 - 200 updates, and
> I'll have to re-configure my desktop and settings all over again. I'll also
> have to change my name, which is something I don't want to do (unless I can
> create another user named "david")
>
> Any suggestions? I may be wrong here, but I have a hunch im right.
>
> BTW, Tim here's something to check out with your flash:
> http://www.davidcentral.net/billy.html
>
> Well I gotta go pick up the son at school now, be back in a while.
>
> --
> David M.

10 out of 10 people die.
http://www.needgod.com