[CS-FSLUG] Things that bug me about Linux...

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sun Mar 6 22:35:52 CST 2005

A process is still locking something on the mount.  From a command-line run the
following command to determine which process is locking the directory:

(assuming /dev/hdb3 was mounted on /mnt/hdb3)
# fuser /mnt/hdb3

Then you can do a:
# pstree -p | grep [number returned from command above]

For example, I might do:

     # fuser /mnt/hdb3
       5682
     # pstree -p | grep 5682

This should give you some information as to what is still using the mounted
partition.  Quite likely you just have a widow up that is looking at the files
or something like that.

    - Tim Young