[CS-FSLUG] "The Hole in Your Heart"

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Mar 6 18:14:41 CST 2005

A WORD WITH YOU
By Ron Hutchcraft
#4734 - "The Hole in Your Heart"
John 4:13-14

Listen to the audio broadcast!
http://www.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/ramhurl?p=pnm&f=/rhm/sounds/awwy/awwy4734.rm

        Our friend Mary recently had a medical procedure to repair what the
doctor called "a hole in her heart." Then he told her that everyone is born
with a hole in their heart. That got my attention. I called a longtime friend
of mine who is a highly experienced and respected heart surgeon. He told me
that before we are born, there's a hole that is the passageway for blood to
enter our pre-natal heart. In most people, and I'm glad I'm most people, the
hole heals up within a few days after birth. For a few, it doesn't go away.
And it really needs to be repaired.

        I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about "The
Hole in Your Heart."

        So everyone is born with a hole in their heart. Not just physically,
but spiritually. But unlike that physical hole in your heart, the spiritual
one doesn't go away unless you let the greatest physician of all fill the
hole.

        That spiritual hole in our heart keeps letting us know that it's there
- the loneliness that no relationship seems to remove. The emptiness that
never goes away for very long, no matter what we do to fill up our life. The
"what's it all for?" questions about life that make everything seem
ultimately so meaningless. It's like there's this voice inside us that seems
to be saying, "Something's missing." We keep thinking the next relationship
will be what's missing, the next thrill, the next accomplishment, the next
spiritual experience, the next "toy," the next milestone. But every time we
get to the top of the hill we think has what we've been looking for, all we
find is another hill to climb.

        After a while, we just assume that this hollowness inside, this hole
in our heart is just how it is. The Bible describes King Solomon as the
richest and wisest man of his time. And he had the resources to do it all.
Here's his conclusion: "I have seen all the things that are done under the
sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind." But just
accepting that hole in your heart is ultimately deadly. It needs to be
treated. It needs to be healed by the only One big enough to fill the hole in
your heart - the God who made you to belong to Him. The brilliant physicist
Blaise Pascal concluded that "inside every man is a God-shaped vacuum."

        The hole in your heart is there to tell you that you really need God.
And that He isn't there because of something that makes it impossible for God
to live there - all the sinning of your life and mine. All the wrong things
we've done. Until that's forgiven and removed, the God you were made for must
remain outside. In John 4:13-14, our word for today from the Word of God,
Jesus is at a well, talking with a woman who has tried to fill the hole in
her heart with one relationship after another. Jesus says to her, and to you,
"Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the
water I give him will never thirst ... the water I give him will become in
him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

        "Thirsty again" - that's the hole in your heart. "Never thirst" -
that's the hole in your heart finally filled as Jesus erases every sin of
your life with His amazing forgiveness. He can do that because He did all the
dying for all the sinning you've ever done. It's paid for. Which means your
heart can be cleaned today and the God of the universe can finally move in.
Your lifetime search will be over. But you have to reach out to Jesus,
telling Him you're done driving your life, that you're trusting completely in
His death for your sin. I've got a little booklet I wrote about getting
started with Him called Yours For Life, and I'll send it to you if you want
it.

        You've lived enough days without the One you were made for. You don't
need to be without Him one more day.

If you're not sure you belong to Jesus, and you would like to make sure today,
Ron would like to send to you a free copy of the booklet, "Yours for Life:
How to Have Life's Most Important Relationship."  To read it online, click
here:
http://www.yoursforlife.net/

OR, to request your free copy of "Yours for Life," click here:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/yours/yflorder.html

Discuss today's "A Word With You," post your comments, or encourage others in
our discussion forum!
http://forums.gospelcom.net/view/rhm/awwy

How can I help support the work of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries?
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/support/

To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
please visit YOURS FOR LIFE: HOW TO HAVE LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
at:
http://www.yoursforlife.net
Or, call 1-888-NEED HIM.

"A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft is a daily radio challenge, with
slice-of-life illustrations and insights - providing practical help on the
issues that matter most. If your local Christian radio station does not air
"A Word With You," please let them know how much you value this program. Over
six years of transcripts are available online, at
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/awwy/

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries is a member of the Gospel Communications Network -
http://www.gospelcom.net

"A Word With You" is a production of:

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/
Email: RHM at hutchcraft.com
Phone: 1-877-741-1200

Copyright (c) 2005, Ron Hutchcraft. Permission to distribute this material via
email, or individual copies, is automatically granted on the condition it
will be used for non-commercial purposes, and will not be sold. To reproduce
"A Word With You" transcripts in any other format, including Internet
websites, written permission is needed from Ron Hutchcraft.

Copyright (c) 2005, Ron Hutchcraft. Reprinted with permission. "A Word With
You" is a radio outreach of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."