[CS-FSLUG] Re: Suse Network setup

timbrown at ichristian.com timbrown at ichristian.com
Fri Mar 4 15:21:40 CST 2005

Thank you Sam. I had done a Google on this but didn't get the results you
did. The first link actually helps more than anything else I've found. I'm
the kind of person who learns best by following a set of clear instructions
and doing it a few times. THEN I can learn more about the generalities. WHat
I've been finding is alot about generalities which doesn't help alot.

Even knowing that I need  to use NFS helps greatly!

Again, thanks,

Tim

Sam Morgan writes:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:43:33 GMT
> timbrown at ichristian.com wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> Just wondering if any one is aware of a step-by-step doc or webpage for
>> setting up two Suse systems to communicate on a network. Oddly enough,
>> I've  gotten Linux to talk to a windows box via Samba, but can't seem to
>> get two  linux boxes to talk.
>>
>> I've recently built a new system and want to move my old files over
>> without  having to take the HD out. Besides, it'd just be nice to learn
>> something!
>>
> have you considered using ssh and scp, even ssh and mc helps see what u
> are doing
>
>> Again, if there's a page I can go to, let me know. The suse manual just
>> basically buries you with stuff about all the modules and leaves you
>> there.
>

> If you want to do it with nfs
>   http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/31866-1.html
>
> google's suse nfs offerings:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&newwindow=1&q=suse+nfs+setup&btnG=Search
>
> sometimes I get more from a different way it's written...<shrug?>
>
> God Bless,
> Sam Morgan
>
> --
> Linux _ the lifetime learning experience.
>

> By HIS Grace - for HIS Glory
> 'nuff said'
>
> GB,
> Sam Morgan