[CS-FSLUG] The coming crackdown on blogging

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Mar 4 09:36:41 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, jrichie at bible.edu wrote:

> I'm sad to see this. It seems an unfair regulation on individuals
> freedom of speech. I run a personal blog and I talk with my friends
> through it. I have no monetary gain. This could easily leak into some
> very bad areas.
>
> JSR/
>
> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:10 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>> http://news.com.com/2008-1028_3-5597079.html
>>
>> The coming crackdown on blogging
>> March 3, 2005, 4:00 AM PT
>> By Declan McCullagh

I went so far as to blog on this story. History indicates you are right
to be cynical about the results of such a move. The federal judge who
demanded this has been the center of controversy on many things:
Colleen Kollar-Kotelly. In the long-run, I doubt there's any way it can
be enfoced. It's too easy to get a free blog off-shore that won't
enforce US regulations, for example.

I continue to pray that the mainstream of Internet activity be somehow
divorced from the more serious scholarly uses that gave it birth. I'd
much prefer to spend more time with the latter. I'm dreaming, course.

Ed Hurst