[CS-FSLUG] biblestudy on debian

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Mar 1 12:10:24 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 10:49:06AM -0500, Alvin Smith wrote:
[snip]
> > This appears to be a Palm application.  Are you just looking for general
> > Bible study apps?
>
> It is another application that uses the Sword Project files.  I ran across it
> while installing Bibletime and Gnomesword on my Gentoo box.  When I typed
> "Bible" into the search box in Porthole I found that I could install a
> previously unknown to me application called "Biblestudy".  But it seems that
> there are no debs for it, and it requires xvWindows libraries, (which I did
> install), and some other stuff that I have not identified yet.  Make fails.
> So I was just wondering if anyone on this list has had any experience
> installing and using this application, especially Debian users.

Ah.  xvWindows does not appear to be available on Debian, either from
lack of interest or violations of the Debian Social Contract.

> I currently use Gnomesword for Bible study.  I love the way it is laid out.

I use GnomeSword frequently when preparing for teaching on Sundays or in
writing sermons/articles.  If only the ESV module were available...

> But any time I see something that is new to me, I want to try it out.

You must lose a lot of sleep.  ;-)
--
john-thomas
------