[CS-FSLUG] NI: Outsourcing is a good idea......NOT!!!

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Jun 30 16:30:19 CDT 2005

There are some odd and interesting things about outsourcing to India.  There is
actually a Christian group that does something rather cute with the concept.

They deliberately hire non-christians for their work, but in India it is a
Christian organization.  They have a very high rate of their employees becoming
Christian because of being immersed into the Christian workforce.  It is sort of
like a spiritual World Vision.  The organization "outsourcing" often provides
spiritual edification.  Through the service they are provided a computer, office
space, Internet access, etc.  And they are expected to participate with the
"office" goings-on, which include morning devotions and the like.

    - Tim Young