[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 28 06:11:54 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 23:11 -0600, Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:
[...]
> I did make sure I had Konquerer and every other program no longer connected to
> the cd-writer drive (in my case, /mnt/cdrom), but it would not open after K3b
> ejected it and I closed it again to see if anything really showed up on it.
> But if I get you right - the syntax is eject mounted-drive - correct?
> I'm making myself crib notes on cardstock here.

Yes, that is correct `eject <device>`.  You can specify a full path
(ie, /dev/cdrom) or a relative (ie, cdrom).

About the mounting of a CD-R(W) before burning: you shouldn't even be
able to mount it if it is blank.  If it is an RW disc and has data, then
yes, you could mount it but you wouldn't want to if you were going to
burn to it.  Trying to mount a blank disc is like trying to mount an
audio disc: it will only be painful!
--
Brian

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
him.  -- Proverbs 20:7