[CS-FSLUG] NI: OT: The Lethal Science Of Splenda - A PoisonousChlorocarbon

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jun 23 16:51:32 CDT 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 10:03 am, Chris Brault wrote:
> Three important facts on the subject,
>
> 1) Stevia tastes like sweetner on crack.
>
> 2) The amount of Splenda you'd need to ingest to cause
> toxic effects is enormous. If it were say ... alcohol
> (another sugar), you'd probably be dead.
>
> 3) Undigestable sugar ... why not?
>
> And hey, sugar makes you fat, raises your blood sugar
> and rots your teeth. Honey and rice are also high on
> the glycemic index ... actually rice is higher than
> table sugar if you can believe that. I consume sugar,
> but avoid it when I can ... when it's convenient.
>
> I'm such an American,

And, many are like that. The data on Splenda is just recently being available,
and I'm sure there will be more documentation in the near future. I believe
it's worse than you think. The MOST important fact is that diabetics have a
MUCH greater need for a GOOD non-poisonous sweetener than any other group.
Thankfully, there is Stevia.

Fred

to you, at this time.