[CS-FSLUG] Hardware or kernel?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Jun 19 16:43:35 CDT 2005

On my Compaq laptop, the battery is toast. So when the community power
went down the other day, the system died in use. It was running SUSE
9.2, and the Reiser file system seemed to comeback just fine. However,
the keyboard is now misbehaving very badly.

Many keypresses are ignored, making password login a bear on the
console. Some key presses "stick" and print 30 times before I can get
it to stop. This despite the key action being physically normal. This
effect seems worse in X. Any ideas?

Ed Hurst