[CS-FSLUG] PD: A Different View of Votes in EU

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Jun 15 07:41:47 CDT 2005

While living in the Netherlands, I picked up on a lot of background
thinking that was often radically different from mine, as one might
expect. At first it was bewildering, and I didn't react verbally. I was
too busy trying to make sense of it. That was some years ago and I've
since had a better chance to review European History academically.

On a subject previously debated, this article seems closer to the
reality I experienced there:

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/ocregister/europe-interrupted.html

There is an assumption with workers the government *must* protect them
from adverse management actions, even if it's obvious economic
conditions demand that action. The author of the article believes a
more politically united Europe would shake that security, and the
voters sensed that, as a part of their reasons for voting "No".

BTW, this article is offered up from a Mandrake/Apache server!

Ed Hurst